Now you’ve done it, you signed up (or you’re thinking of signing up) for an Ironman or a 70.3 race. Saw this article today on Ironman site – it touches on generally what you should be doing six months out from an Ironman that you have scheduled next year, then five months out, three, and so on. For example, here are some things you can do now to get off to a good start:
1. Hire an experienced coach who understands your specific needs will be money well-spent. Consider Kain Performance!
2. Get your swim technique analyzed, talk to Pete about our next Swim Clinic in January!
3. Get your running form analyzed, enroll in Pete’s Running Efficiency Video Clinic this Saturday December 20th, 2014.
4. Is your bike comfortable, for the long distance? Don’t wait until your back is all messed up a few weeks before your race! It’s never wise to change bike position that close to race day, which is why you should do it now. This will make cycling comfortable and ensure you are as efficient as possible with your technique. Contact Summit Bikes or a bike fitter near you.
5. Get your body healthy! Consider strength training or yoga classes at YogaSource Los Gatos.
In terms of training plans, Kain Performance offers you Custom Online Coaching Programs; time-tested Monthly Membership Training Calendars and/or solid group workouts, depending on your Membereship Level. Incorporating the words of wisdom from this article, here is what you can be doing with Kain Team if you’re six months out from your Ironman race, starting in January:
- Monday – DAY OFF
- Tuesday – 1 hour cycle/run/cycle run Brick on the Trainers @ Los Gatos HS (tbd)
- Wednesday – 1 hour swim, Los Gatos-Saratoga Masters Swim @ Los Gatos HS (5:45 AM)
- Thursday – 45 to 60 min. run
- Friday – 1 hour swim, Los Gatos-Saratoga Masters Swim @ Los Gatos HS (5:45 AM)
- Saturday – 1.5 hour swim, Los Gatos-Saratoga Masters Swim @ Los Gatos HS (7:30 AM)
- Saturday – 2 to 3 hour cycle with the Kain Team, every Saturday starting January 10th rolling at 9:30 am, Los Gatos HS
- Sunday – 60 min. run with friends you met from Kain Team!
Originally from: http://www.ironman.com/triathlon/news/articles/2013/05/six-months-to-ironman-a-basic-training-program.aspx#ixzz3M6ViMdHN
If you have any questions, let us know!
Have a wonderful holiday and happy new year!
Jody Gold on behalf of Kain Performance